Friday, May 14, 2010

Copyright Infringement? (Oh no, They Didn't)

Kickoff is fast approaching and I need to get some shut-eye. I would have liked to post this one sooner (and with a bit more humorous insight) but two things happened over the last two nights that prohibited me from doing so. Last night I intended to relax to one of the DVDs I borrowed from the library and I opted for the preeminent Spaghetti Western, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." I didn't bother to check the run time and soon found myself trapped in a scenario what would have been more aptly titled, "The Tired, the Slow and the Lengthy." Two hours and fifty-one minutes of Clint Eastwood and bunch of overdubbed Italian cowboys sure did drag on; I really wasn't anticipating that. It was really excellent though, particularly Ennio Morricone's timeless musical score and I'm glad I watched it. However, I was rather beat by the end and I just went to sleep instead of forcing out a lackluster post (like I'm doing now).

Tonight I planned on watching another movie (a shorter one to be started earlier) then hammering out an entry before night-night. Foiled again though, as a Tiger teammate was in the neighborhood and decided to stop by and keep me company for a while. Very nice gesture and I gladly accepted his offer, but this time I wouldn't be able to delay another post, as it pertains to tomorrow's game and it's already, well, tomorrow.

In brief, here's the low-down: tomorrow we will be playing at 15:00 (twenty-four hour time here, folks) and it will be my first game in uniform with the Tigers of Aarhus. I am not going to bother telling you that I am excited for this one, I'm just going to assume you've already assumed as such... done so? Very well, then, moving on. Tomorrow's opponent carries with them something of great significance to me. We will be facing the Copenhagen Tomahawks. To those back home, I know you all are just as appalled as I that there is another team out there laying claim to the greatest mascot of all the Granite State's high school athletic programs. To all else, in case you haven't figured it out, I myself bled Tomahawk Blue for four years at Merrimack High. In all my years, I honestly cannot think of one other team, anywhere that has also carried this moniker. Frankly folks, such insolence cannot stand.

Here is a link to a video that Lasse (the Bloke with the chipped tooth) made in preparation for tomorrow's game. It's in Danish, but I think you can figure out all the pertinents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLuvx_FZ8M

Pretty exciting stuff there, I will post promptly following tomorrow's action and let you know how things go. Right now, I leave you with a another video, one that I actually just found a few moments ago. It appeared in the sidebar of recommendations during the one listed above. This is what happened prior to our first game and became my first "Welcome to Danish American Football Moment." I wonder what tomorrow's will be? Stay tuned to find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1enEZxcRYxs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment