Monday, March 22, 2010

Makin' Moves

Very tired after a busy day. I got to see my apartment for the first time and let's just say I have a clothesline that stretches from my back window out into a courtyard that also has a little swing set. Also, I have a chalkboard on the door of my kitchen pantry complete with a message in Danish written by the previous tenants that read, "REMEMBER TO CLEAN THE FREEZER." They must have left that for me because when I looked inside, the frost on the bottom seemed to have a sea green tinge to it. I wrote a reply on the chalkboard, "THANKS A LOT." That'll show 'em.

Barring any sort of postal mishap, I should have my work papers tomorrow, which will mean I'll be able to start coaching finally. Tentatively speaking, I will also be moving out of the Hotel Atletion tomorrow also. For my last night here, I thought it might be nice to share a few shots from this place because I've forgotten to do so up until now.



Entrance to the Hotel. Most doors in Denmark are PUSH. I still PULL every time. This foyer area smells permanently like cigarettes and is unnaturally warm all the time.



This is the entrance to the Team Danmark Training Center, where I have been working out and will continue to do so occasionally. I don't know why those dancers are on the sign, I've never seen anyone practice their steps in the weight room. Looking at it now, it actually looks like guy is stabbing the girl in the back, much to her surprise. Must be one heck of a routine.



This is my cozy little room. Nice TV up in the top right corner; haven't turned it on once. The lamps in this place are great. The bed is like a standard US twin, minus four inches on each side. I have to tuck my hands under my butt so my arms don't slide over the edges.

Down at the bottom of the page is the clincher, easily what I'm going to miss most about living here. This is a typical Danish bathroom and when I first saw it, I couldn't help but crack up. The toilet probably uses five gallons per flush (about nineteen litres) and that's not just here. Newer models have two flush settings: 1) half speed and 2) full speed, respectively. I'll let you figure out why. The shower is great, except that I had no clue how to work it the first time because it has buttons on the knobs. I later learned these are child safety locks so curious kids won't burn themselves. These guys think of everything. Hopefully the next time I post, I will do so from my very own quarters. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment