Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad-Mark

This morning, I went to a bakery nearby to pick up some bread and a few pastries for breakfast. When I left my apartment, the sun was shining. On the way, the sun was shining. When I got there, the sun was shining. While I was waiting inside, the sun was shining. As I purchased my delicious baked goods, the sun was shining. When I walked out of the bakery, it suddenly got very cloudy. When I was no more than fifty feet away from the bakery, breads in hand, the skies opened up. I ran the five-minute route home, cursing (very loudly, at that) the Danish weather all the way. The bags containing my breakfast were soaked through, but thankfully their contents survived the journey unscathed. As I ate my breakfast, the sun was once again shining.

This afternoon saw probably the best performance of the season from my Under 16 Tigers. Although we once again came up short, our fundamentals at times looked exceptionally crisp and I was very proud of most of the effort put forth. Today's was the last action for these kids until August, as we are off during the month of July (more info on this to come this week). The Senior Tigers will take the field this coming Saturday in our last game before the summer break.

I don't have much else to report on at the moment. I would though, like to wish all patriarchal readers of NTD a very happy Father's Day. Seems like most places back home had some nice weather for all the Dads out there; hopefully all your bread-products stayed dry today as well.

I'm going to catch some shut-eye now, but check back tomorrow for more Team Danmark World Cup adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment