Friday, June 25, 2010

Wyld Stallyns

In case anyone out there is wondering, the title of this post is a reference to the timeless classic, "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure." It is the name of Bill (Alex Winter) and Ted's (Keanu Reeves) band that a time-traveling George Carlin informs them, must remain intact, as their music prescribes the core fundamentals by which a future Utopian society will live. Among these fundamentals is the principle of being 'excellent' to one another:


Upon searching for any images more closely related to the name 'Wyld Stallyns,' I found out there are several bands out there claiming the name as their own. I have elected to listen to exactly none of them. As the trail was going cold on finding a suitable image (after never managing to get hot in the first place), I came across one of the theatrical posters for movie. I have placed it here because I really like the tagline above the two protagonists. George Carlin's face is also pretty funny there, too.

Anyways, the reason behind naming this post after part of a 1980s cult classic has to do with our opponent in tomorrow's home game. For the second time this season, we will be facing the Horsens Stallions. Call me crazy, but I prefer the movie's spelling of the word 'stallyn.' The letter 'Y' is extremely underrated as a 'sometimes-vowel' and in my opinion, it is used to perfection here.

Tomorrow should be great fun. It is our last game before the summer holiday break, which is basically the entire month of July. Since it is customary for many Scandinavians to go on vacation with their families during this time, the Danish American Football Federation (DAFF) chooses to put the season on hiatus until August. This makes sense, as most teams are most likely in the same situation of having many players go away at some point during the month. That being said, it will be the last time to knock some heads around for a few weeks so rest assured, the Tigers will be looking to do just that.

In addition to the game, tomorrow also marks the first game that will feature our newly opened clubhouse. Although we have been in there for about two weeks now, this is the first time we will have access to its amenities on game day. Following the game, we will be having a cookout at our new digs. Exciting times here in Da 'Hus (slang terminology I've taken to using when referring to Aarhus).

So for now, I will say goodnight. I've had a pretty productive day and I want to be rested for tomorrow's contest. I will try to get a post up as quick as I can following all the action. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment