Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A month already?

Okay, so it won't technically be a "month" for another two days, but seriously? Where does the time go? Four weeks down and it hardly feels like I ever settled in. Must be because the weather's starting to get a little bit nicer. Approaching the high fifties/low sixties these days. I know that's a far cry from the sweltering heat of an Merrimack April (well, at least this year's April), but I'm not complaining.

Because of all the sun we've been getting, the fields are drying off nicely and things are just generally starting to look as I imagined. I guess Odin has really started to heed my words from a few weeks back. We've been able to get a lot of quality work in lately and I continue to enjoy the effort my players show me day in and day out. I'm starting to get very excited leading up to this weekend's game in Amager, a suburb of CPH.

I'm also starting to get that itch to throw those pads back on. Normally, Gold Bond powder does the trick when such an itch arises, but not even the green bottle's extra strengthness could quell my desire to get back out and start a-crackin'. Very soon; two weeks in my best estimation. Training on my own continues to go well and I'm beginning to incorporate some football movements during practice. Today was actually a pretty momentous occasion as I played center during an on-air drill (no defenders, just running through plays). I stepped in and before I even realized it, I was moving around like I used to. For not being able to do much for close to six months now, I was feeling pretty A-O-K during that drill. Needless to say, I put a whompin' on that guy who wasn't across from me. Before this week is over, I will hopefully have picked up my equipment at an American Sports Outlet about 80 km away. With any luck, the place will also have a mechanical bull that I can see if the club might be willing to buy for me and install in my apartment. If not, they are really taking some liberties with the term "American" Sports Outlet. Stay tuned to see how that goes.

On a completely related note, I had my first encounter with Danish Royalty today. By that, of course, I mean Peter and I went to Burger King. As I experienced with McDonald's a couple of weeks ago, Danish QSRs (Quick Service Restaurants, the industry term) are far superior to their American equivalents. No lie, I would have held a corporate function at this particular BK. Most importantly, the food is hands-down tasty. I will be doing an in-depth fast food post in the coming weeks, but for now, I leave you with two words that I think sum things up pretty well:

"KING WINGS"

Before I go for the night, I'd like to send a special birthday greeting about a billion miles away to Palmerston North, New Zealand to my cousin Erica. I know it's like 10:30 am there now, so by the next time I post, it just won't be as special - at the very least, international travel makes you more aware of distant (in terms of location) relatives and their birthdays. Enjoy it, Queenly. I'd hoist a tankard of mead in your in honor if I had one. I do have to pick up a few things at the store tomorrow though, perhaps I'll check the availability of both the vessel and the beverage...

1 comment:

  1. awwww thanks cuz!!!! i had a great day and this was one of the best birthday wishes by far :) :)

    ReplyDelete